Tuesday

The French, the German and Internet Explorer

We're one month old! Exciting? No, not really but it seemed like a good time as any to look at some statistics so, that's what I did. 

It has been an eye-opening experience.

Not only did I learn that America and the UK seem to like me, I also found out that France doesn't really get me. Why, France? What's wrong with you? Is it that you don't have a sense of humour or that you are too awesome to get upset about anything other than wine and berets


Do you really think you are superior? Are you looking down on everyone else? Not cool France, not cool. Please rectify

Another sad, sad realization is that, although the Netherlands seem to be in the top 10 of countries that honour me with their page views, Germany and Estonia are nowhere to be seen. That's not good. Why? Because the Internet supports that that's where people who like to call their children Sven live. If you don't visit, how are you supposed to help me find my friend? Germans, I know you don't like wasting your time on trivial things like laughter but I've seen Angela Merkel on the news and you are obviously quite familiar with cynicism and sarcasm so we should have no problem connecting. 

If you find me in some blog directory, please don't let the fact that I'm usually listed in the Humour category keep you from clicking on me. As soon as I have a Sven, you can be excused.

Canada, Greece, Japan, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Australia, you've been here from day one, keep being awesome.

Now for the important part.

Disgraceful

What the hell? If this is an indication that almost 5% of the whole Internet population still uses IE, we can all kill ourselves now. Seriously. Even if that's not the case, what it does show for sure is that 5% of the people visiting my little space of the web are idiots


That's it. There is no other reason. If you are one of the people constituting that shameful 5% you might think I'm going to keep calling you names and ask you to fuck off. Well, no. Hopefully, you'll stay and learn something important. 

Internet Explorer is shit. Stop using it

Just trust me. I know it might hold some kind of sentimental value to you since this is the first browser you used a million years ago when the Internet first became accessible to the masses but we have come a long way since then and change is not always bad

How are you even on here? I use huge pictures and videos to prove my point 95% of the time, how come your computers haven't exploded in your faces yet?

You should be used to this by now

I sincerely hope you know everyone is making fun of you. Now that you are aware of how uncool it is to use the abomination known as Internet Explorer, next month, I expect that percentage to be, at the very least, cut to half; if not for me, for the children

No, really

Guys

Seriously.  

The children.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I think the "by accident" percentage should be higher. It's the only reason I sometimes click on the ie thumbnail and end up waiting a gazillion years for it to load what with all the "toolbars" and "searchbars" that have been magically attached to it even though I'm extremely careful to unclick the option "install $%^ toolbar" every time I install ANY program! And after the gazillion year wait I close it again but not before it pesters me about it not being my primary explorer. Really ie? You think? Sorry for the rant. And sorry that 5% of your readers use ie, you must be really embarassed...
I'm surprised chrome is so popular... I always thought firefox ruled the world. Live and learn...

Seisyll Riagán said...

Why is it that you still haven't deleted all the IE icons from your computer?

The best method of prevention is abstinence.

Mary said...

I just "unpinned this program from taskbar". It looks weird but I guess I'll get used to it. I'm turning over a new leaf thanks to you...