Sunday

Movies too bad NOT to be classed as masterpieces - Part I

For me Sunday has always been movie day so this will be the topic of today's post. Movies that bamboozled me the same way Twilight did.  Hopefully you're not all in a drunken haze from last night so pay attention for I present to you, in no particular order: 

Extremely bad movies that we should all watch at least once in our lifetime

1. Showgirls - 1995

Boobs everywhere and it was still absurdly awful.


Anyone involved in the making of this horrific nonsense should be shot.

2. The Happening - 2008

Alternate TitleThe What the Fuck Is Happening

The plants are emitting a toxin that affects anyone to come in contact with it in a macabre way. It's nature's time to fight back and while people are committing suicide in imaginative waysMark Wahlberg is looking more confused than ever and Zooey Deschanel is looking, well... dead (too white, too googly-eyed, too soulless). There is simply not a reason good enough why in the year 2008, an extremely famous director with big first names and a huge budget came up with this


Laughable.

3. The Shadow - 1994

Favourite childhood failure. Alec Baldwin is The Shadow, a man capable of invisibility and clouding people's minds. He fights Shiwan Khan, his arch enemy, who is trying to build an atomic bomb and kill the object of his affection, a crazy-looking Penelope Ann Miller.


Awful but you laughed didn't you? Hopefully Alec Baldwin is as ashamed of this movie as I am of him when I watch it.

4. The Room - 2003

I'm actually watching this movie tonight so I can't say anything about it other than it comes highly recommended. Come tomorrow I will gladly remove it if it's not that bad or if I don't enjoy the awfulness but after seeing the trailer


I don't think I will.

*EDIT* I just finished watching it. Not only does it stay but it will probably get its own post soon. Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.

5. Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus - 2009


Everything you would expect from a movie with that title. Mrs Superhans, this is for you.

Honorary mention:

For Y'ur Height Only - 1981

If you couldn't be bothered watching any of the trailers in this post, watch this one. No really. Watch it.


Bottom line: You never know when you might stumble upon a gem so never snub a movie just because it looks shit or you don't like the actors. And always watch movies you are uncertain of with a friend. Somehow, that makes all the difference between laughing hysterically and wanting to kill yourself.

This is part I of a series of posts on this topic. I have a lot of repulsivness to share. If you have a lame movie in mind, share it with me and if it is especially appalling it will make part II

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a movie to watch.

1 comment:

Mrs Superhans said...

Thanks for the trailer. Got that masterpiece on dvd! Try the drinking game; drink everytime they repeat some footage. You'll be comatose by the end. :)