Saturday

Insomnia, Scrubs and chins

You know what sucks balls? When you're feeling really tired but your brain just refuses to shut down and go to sleep. And it's always when you know you have to wake up early. That fucktard brain of yours is just pointing and laughing, pointing and laughing. You just lie there, counting down the hours before your alarm goes off and naturally, you panic. Which makes it even more difficult to sleep. I'm telling you...

Balls

Obviously I can't sleep and obviously I decided to write. I don't have anything planned so let's see where this takes us. Right. Something you don't know about me - I watch a lot of American TV-shows. So naturally, to overcome my insomnia, for the millionth time, I'm using Friends as background noise. More specifically the episode where Ross is reading Rachel's letter ("You fell asleeeeep"). I used to think this was the funniest show I would ever watch but I attribute this solely to the fact that I was too young to appreciate Frasier. If you don't know what I'm talking about and you ever get the chance, dive right in. Frasier is the only show to actually make me laugh out loud almost every time I watch it. 

Funniest shit on TV, ever

You know what never made me laugh? Freakin' Scrubs. What a moronic piece of unfunny rubbish. None of the characters are believable or even likable and the jokes feel awkward, not to mention predictable. How am I supposed to believe that those people are doctors when they mostly resemble psychiatric unit patients what with their constant mumbling and fantasy world withdrawal? 

Let's be honest, would you put your life in Zach Braff's hands? No. And Blondie McRabbitTeeth, oh God, I would happily arrange a play-date for her face and my fist. I blame her for How I Met Your Mother's untimely demise. The first episode she was in was the first episode I found painfully boring - it hasn't been the same ever since. Bitch killed it.

Look at us, we are doctors but funny and quirky!

All the other characters are just plain, well... plain. Nothing specifically wrong with them, just not interesting, and devastatingly unfunny. And yes, that includes Cox and the janitor dude - the only character that I kind of like. 

You know what it is? The chins. The women in this show have pointy witherspoonian chins which, combined with their constant bitching, turn them into this. The men on the other hand, have weak jaw-lines. Men with weak jaws are not destined to be leading men. Batman? Strong square jaw. Robin?Normal jaw. Turk? Jaw? Natural selection wanted them in the background. Allow me to assist you visually with scientific evidence.

No chin                                                                            A hint of chin                                                                              My doctor

House always makes people see my point.

I don't know how I ended up talking about chins in the middle of the night.

No comments: